Goal setting is practiced by so many people, in so many ways. They’re given to you at work, you create them at home… your aim for the week might be to make sure the kids go to school with matching socks on.
There’s a reason goal setting it so widely practiced: it works. It’s motivating; it gives you a path to stick to and a way to measure progress. Fitness goals are no different.
They’re different for everyone; they can be big or small. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Make it something you want, not something you think you should want. Ignore what everyone else is doing, it’s about you and you alone!
- Get real. A goal isn’t a dream; it’s a something you can realistically reach. Having said that there’s nothing wrong with aiming high, just set smaller goals along the way to keep you on track.
- Write your goals down. Tell people about them… your partner, your trainer. Whoever you think will help support you and motivate you. This keeps you accountable and makes ditching your plan that much harder.
- Be prepared for setbacks. You need to be stubborn and determined. Nothing worth having comes easily!
- When you reach your goals, celebrate. It’s a great feeling and you deserve to be proud of yourself.
Your goals might be weight related, nutrition based or simply aimed at improving your overall happiness. Whatever you’re hoping to achieve, following our steps will get your off to a great start. Don’t forget, we’re always here to have a chat and give you a hand so don’t hesitate to grab one of us at the gym!